Academic care at The Kingsley School is as outstanding as the pastoral care for which we are well known.
Kingsley accepts bright girls who are full of potential, keen to learn and who want to succeed. Many students achieve better in a small, caring environment where every girl is treated as an individual. At Kingsley girls are names not numbers.
Girls achieve their potential and in many cases exceed their own expectations. Staff know girls well so are able to tailor teaching techniques and personalise learning to encourage self-belief.
The many extracurricular opportunities on offer at Kingsley boost confidence and girls thrive during their time at the school, which has a positive effect on academic success. In a small school more girls get more opportunities and our policy is to have an inclusive approach to all activities.
Kingsley’s motto “Esse Quam Videri” – be what you seem to be or be true to yourself – is more than three motivational words in Latin. It captures the ethos at Kingsley which encourages, supports and enables girls to achieve their academic best in as stress-free an environment as is possible and where learning is fun and fulfilling.
2016 GCSE EXAM RESULTS
A* to B 81%
A* to C 96%
5 x A* to C 98%
CELEBRATING TOP GCSE RESULTS - AUGUST 2016
Once again girls are celebrating stunning results in their GCSE exams, mirroring the Sixth Form students' strong A-Level performance.
Nearly 50% of entries achieved A*-A grades, with over 80% achieving A*-B and 98% achieving 5 A-C GCSEs.
Of the many individual success stories:
- Lizzie Westley from Oxfordshire achieved 12 A*s and 1 B
- Isabelle Rhodes from Southam achieved 10 A*s and 1 A
- Annabel Stock from Warwick achieved 8 A*s and 1 A
- Grace Beckwith from Stratford-upon-Avon achieved 7 A*, 3 As and 1 C grade
- Tanya Saunders from Leamington Spa achieved 6 A*s, 5 As and 1 B
- Tilly Owen from Leamington Spa achieved 3 A*s, 7 As and 1 B
- Amy Newcombe from Pillerton Hersey, Warwick achieved 1 A*, 8 As, 1 B and 1 C
- Ambe Reid from Leamington Spa achieved 2 A*s and 8 As and 1 B
- Lottie Wright from Stratford-upon-Avon achieved 2 A*s, 4 As and 3 Bs
- Amy Rattigan from Coventry achieved 1 A*, 7 As and 1 B
- Ellie Sinclair from Leamington Spa achieved 2 A*s, 6 As and 1 B
- Sophia Godfrey from Leamington Spa achieved 6 A*s, 3 As and 2 B grades
Head teacher, Ms Heather Owens, is delighted with this year’s results, which continue the school’s trend of consistently achieving top grades at GCSE. She says:
“I am again immensely proud of all the girls and their teachers who have achieved such outstanding results today. Kingsley’s supportive environment and the girls' strong work ethic has resulted in this outstanding performance. The results show the exceptional progress girls make at Kingsley and they should all be proud of their fantastic achievements.”